Top Credit Repair Companies
Everyone knows the value of having a good credit score — apply for mortgages or credit cards and get the lowest interest rate possible because you have a 721 FICO Score. There are also a lot of Americans, especially in today’s economic times, who know how difficult it is to even qualify for those same mortgages and credit cards with a 521 FICO Score.
The Credit Bureaus would love consumers to think that negative derogatory items cannot be removed. The fact is that it is your legal right as a consumer to contact the credit bureaus and dispute negative items that are on your credit reports. This right is intended to allow consumers to challenge creditors if they feel any information is being reported in error on their credit report.
It can be a pretty daunting task to sort through the multitude of companies claiming they can clear up your credit report. They all kind of look and say the same things, right? Well, there’s usually more than meets the eye.
The sad fact is that many credit repair companies are scams and use unscrupulous methods. Legitimate credit repair takes time and effort, so It’s best to avoid anyone proposing any kind of “miracle overnight cure” for your credit. Here are the top 5 credit repair companies to choose from.
1. Sky Blue Credit is by far one of the most effective and well-established credit repair services around. Honesty and ethics are top notch, as well as excellent dedication to personal and customized service for each client.
Ranked #1 based on outstanding customer satisfaction, a squeaky clean BBB record, a simple inexpensive pricing structure and delivery of a hands-on personalized credit repair strategy.
In business since 1989, All inclusive program with no upgrades needed and $49 per month.
2. DSI Solutions is a proven 10 year-old credit repair company and a great alternative; they’re unique because they don’t charge monthly and they obtain your initial credit reports completely free. They offer two payment options. You can either pay the entire cost up front or break it up into smaller payments. There is also a full money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Cost $19 to set-up along with 3 Payments of $89, Set-up fee waived with upfront payment, no ongoing monthly fees, 10 years of experience and a 100% money back guarantee.
3. Lexington Law Credit Repair is by far the largest credit repair service around, serving literally hundreds of thousands of customers. They earn high marks for getting things done and having a highly oiled workflow system for helping you with the majority of basic credit repair needs.
Just to set some expectations, despite their name you typically will not deal with an actual attorney…however, that’s not really a bad thing given the reasonable price of their services and they are still excellent at what they do.
Half-Million clients served, 400+ paralegals/agents on staff and $99.95 to start (39.95 per month).
4. Ovation Credit Repair is not the most well known or popular credit firm on the block, but they have been applauded for offering a great customer service and offering a wide variety of services for a reasonable price.
Impressed with the improvements and service enhancements Ovation has made recently — they seem to be offering more of a personalized approach as of late. Ovation Credit has a “Fast Track” option upgrade in case you’re in a hurry and have a deadline to get your credit repaired by, as well as the fact that they donate part of their annual revenues to charity.
Offers 2 different program choices, Founded in 2004 by a group of attorneys and Program choices begin at $37 per month.
5. Veracity Credit offers a nice array of 3 credit repair plans, which covers most basic credit repair needs. One of the more interesting aspects of Veracity Credit Repair, is the basic economy service they offer which is kind of a hybrid of do-it-yourself credit repair and a credit repair service.
If you’re the type of person who would like to stay a bit more involved in the process, Veracity might be a good choice and worth checking out.
Expedited results, Will improve your FICO Score quickly and their 2 plans – The SELECT plan is $69 setup and $49 monthly or the PLATINUM plan is $99 setup $79 monthly.
Whether you are trying to get approved for a mortgage, car loan, or just want to give your credit score a boost, these credit repair companies are ready to help you achieve your goal.